Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Death By Chocolate Trifle
This death by chocolate trifle recipe is easy to make with prepared brownie mix and instant pudding for a pleasing chocolate-upon-chocolate dessert!
- 1 (18.4 ounce) package brownie mix (such as Betty Crocker®)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 cups milk
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered English toffee
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:20 mCook:25 mReady:1 h 15 m
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Make the brownies: Combine brownie mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water in a large bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until well blended. Spread into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the side of the pan comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pudding: Whisk milk and pudding mix together in a large bowl until smooth; set aside.
- To assemble: Crumble 1/2 of the brownies on the bottom of a glass punch bowl; spoon 1/2 of the pudding on top. Crush 1 toffee bar over pudding and top with 1/2 of the whipped topping. Repeat layers in the same order, then refrigerate until ready to serve, saving the last toffee bar to crumble and sprinkle on top before serving.