Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Italian Love Cake
Quick and easy to make, this recipe for Italian love cake has a chocolate cake layer, a ricotta cheese layer, and chocolate pudding topping.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 2 pints part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:25 mCook:90 mReady:2 h 55 m
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Pour batter into 9 x 13 x 2 inch greased baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Blend well. Spread mixture evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 75 minutes if using a glass baking dish, 90 minutes if using a metal pan.
- Blend pudding mix and milk until thickened. Blend in whipped topping. Spread over cooled cake.