Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Blanc Mange (English Style)
This dessert is known as Cramma in southern Italy where it is very popular. I hope you will make this dessert and like it. ENJOY!!!.
- 3 cups milk, divided
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 lemon peel, cut into strips
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 3 ounces shaved semisweet chocolate, for garnish
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:8 mCook:15 mReady:6 h 23 m
- Place 1 cup of the milk into a saucepan. Add lemon peel and cinnamon sticks. Bring milk to a simmer over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and sugar. Whisk remaining milk into the cornstarch mixture. When the milk in the pan begins to simmer, pour the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan in a thin steady stream. Whisk vigorously and increase heat just a bit to bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Allow the mixture to boil for about 20 seconds while continuing to whisk, then remove from heat. Remove the lemon peel and cinnamon sticks. Stir in the pinch of cinnamon and, if using, the vanilla.
- Pour into a dish or mold, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight. Garnish with shaved chocolate just before serving.