Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
White Chili with Ground Turkey
This white turkey chili is a great alternative to regular chili. This dish has a unique taste that even the pickiest eater will enjoy. Make sure you spice this one to taste! Garnish with cheese, salsa, sour cream and cilantro leaves, and serve with rolled tortillas on the side.
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans canned green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Prep:15 mCook:30 mReady:45 m
- Combine ground turkey, onion, and garlic in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir until turkey is browned, about 10 minutes. Add chile peppers, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and white pepper; cook and stir 5 more minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth and 2 cans of cannellini beans. Puree the remaining can of beans in a blender or food processor; stir into the soup and add cheese. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese has blended into the soup.