Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Sparkling Grapefruit Pie
Fresh grapefruit sections are arranged in the bottom of a baked pie shell and topped with a gelatin mixture for a refreshing tart-sweet pie. Serve with whipped cream.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 4 pink grapefruit
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¾ cup grapefruit juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O®
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:20 mCook:10 mReady:P1DT4 h 30 m
- Peel grapefruit, removing all pith. Cut up into bite-size pieces. Drain in a strainer for 4 or more hours, collecting the juice. (This can be done the day before.)
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and 3/4 cup juice in a small saucepan; if the collected juice does not measure 3/4 cup, top it off with water. Bring to a boil. Stir in strawberry gelatin. Cool slightly.
- Spread grapefruit in the bottom of the baked shell, and pour gelatin over the fruit. Chill several hours or overnight.