Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
French Silk Chocolate Pie I
How can something so simple taste so rich and delicious? Butter is creamed and blended with melted chocolate, vanilla, and eggs, then beaten until thick and fluffy, and poured into a baked pie shell. Once the pie chills thoroughly, it can be served with whipped cream and a sprinkling of chopped nuts.
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 prepared 8 inch pastry shell, baked and cooled
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:20 mCook:Ready:2 h 20 m
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl. Gradually beat in the sugar with an electric mixer until light colored and well blended. Stir in the thoroughly cooled chocolate, and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes on medium speed after each addition. Spoon the chocolate filling into a cooled, baked pie shell.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.