Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
These cream cheese sugar cookies are soft and chewy and certainly simple to make. Chilling the dough makes it easier to roll and cut these cookies.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:30 mCook:15 mReady:8 h 45 m
- Beat sugar, butter, cream cheese, egg yolk, salt, almond extract, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually mix in flour.
- Divide dough into thirds and form each piece into a disc. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Working with one disc at a time, roll dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/8 inch; keep other discs refrigerated until ready to roll.
- Cut dough into desired shapes with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place cookies 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are light golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes, switching racks halfway through. Remove from the oven and transfer to wire racks.
- Repeat Steps 4 to 6 to bake remaining batches.
- Cool cookies completely before frosting.