Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies
This is the best sugar cookie recipe; easy to cut out and they're perfect for decorating. This is the only cookie recipe you'll need for any holiday!
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:20 mCook:Ready:1 h 26 m
- Gather all ingredients.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least 1 hour (or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Roll out dough to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely before decorating.