Since our last note, we wanted to provide an update today on the preventative and precautionary actions taken to date as we remain focused on the safety and well-being of our customers, associates and vendors. We continuously monitor the latest updates and are taking guidance from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), along with Local Health Departments, to ensure we are making the necessary adjustments to our work and operations.
We wanted to share with our valued customers, associates and vendors the additional steps we are taking to protect you.
Actions in our Stores:
- Professional cleaning company hired to sanitize shopping carts weekly
- Continued focused sanitized cleanings on key touchpoint areas, such as doors and handles, countertops, register belts, credit/debit terminals, restrooms and breakrooms
- Installation of plexiglass guards at the registers and service centers
- When possible use every other checkout lane between cashiers
- Single point of entry and exiting points at each location
- Professional cleaning company sanitized all locations while closed on Easter
Actions with our Customers:
- Senior Shopping Hours and First Responder Hour established
- Posted Social Distancing floor graphics
- Suspended the use of outside reusable bags along with returns and refunds
- 1 cart = 1 customer per household
- Reduced the size of our weekly sales ad
- One-way floor graphics for aisles
- Counters to allow no more than 5 customers per 1000 sq. feet
- Added additional technology to aid in online shopping. We can do the shopping for you – shop online and schedule a delivery, a curbside pickup or “leave at my door delivery” by visiting our website at www.strackandvantil.com
Actions with our Associates:
- Daily health/temperature check on all our associates
- Mandating all associates are to wear mask while working
- Providing additional PPE such as gloves and face mask to associates
- HERO Pay – to our 3000 Hero’s
I want to thank you for your continued support and understanding during this evolving situation. A lot has changed since the beginning of March, but what has not changed is our commitment to keeping you safe. We are dedicated to taking care of our customers, associates and vendors.
As your neighborhood grocer we are committed to your health and well-being.
Stay safe and stay well,
President and CEO