Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Black Bottom Cupcakes
These black bottom cupcakes are a decadent combination of fudgy chocolate cake and gooey cream cheese chocolate chip filling - a chocoholic's dream!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 0.125 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:30 mCook:30 mReady:1 h
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 12-cup muffin tins or line with paper cups.
- Beat cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
- Mix together flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center; add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Stir together until well blended.
- Fill the prepared muffin tins about 1/3 full with chocolate batter. Top each with a dollop of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the chocolate cake comes out clean and the cream cheese center is set, 25 to 30 minutes.