Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Cake
An eggless chocolate mousse is poured into a cookie crumb crust and decorated with fresh strawberries and cream in this elegant yet easy dessert.
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 pints halved fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2½ cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:45 mCook:1 mReady:4 h 46 m
- In a bowl, mix crumbs and melted butter to blend thoroughly. Press evenly onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Arrange some strawberry halves around the pan side-by-side, pointed tips up, with cut sides against the ring of the pan; set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a blender. Pour water and corn syrup into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute. Immediately pour over chocolate chips and blend until smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl and cool to room temperature.
- While chocolate cools, whip 1 1/2 cups cream to form stiff peaks. Use a rubber spatula or large whisk to fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate to lighten it. Gently fold in remaining whipped cream until mousse is thoroughly blended.
- Transfer mousse into the prepared pan and smooth the top. The tips of the strawberries might extend above chocolate mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- Up to 2 hours before serving, in a medium mixing bowl, beat remaining 1/2 cup cream to form soft peaks. Add sugar. Beat to form stiff peaks.
- Remove the ring of the springform pan and place cake on a serving plate. Pipe or dollop whipped cream onto the top of cake. Arrange remaining halved strawberries on whipped cream. To serve, cut into wedges with a thin knife, wiping the blade between cuts.