Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Cherry Mash Candy
This is a Midwestern staple, made with cherry baking chips, chocolate chips, and chunky peanut butter.
- 2 cups white sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1¼ cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup butter
- 1 dash salt
- 1¼ cups cherry baking chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chunky peanut butter
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:10 mCook:10 mReady:1 h
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together sugar, milk, marshmallows, butter, and salt. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until mixture reaches soft ball stage, 240 degrees F (115 degrees C). Turn off heat. Add cherry chips and vanilla; stir until melted.
- Pour mixture into a well-greased 9x13 inch pan, and let cool until firm.
- In a microwave, or in a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Pour over cherry mixture and spread evenly. Allow to cool completely before cutting.