Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Creamy White Chicken Chili with Salsa Verde
You will enjoy everything to do with this white chicken chili made with salsa verde. It tingles the nostrils, warms the tongue, and causes taste bud euphoria. Serve with sour cream and shredded pepper Jack cheese.
- 1 (2 pound) rotisserie chicken, skinned and boned, meat pulled into large chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried minced shallots
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Prep:30 mCook:1 h 15 mReady:1 h 45 m
- Shred chicken meat; set aside.
- Place cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high power until soft, about 20 seconds. Add half-and-half and stir until completely mixed; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers, jalapenos, and garlic; saute until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Toss in chicken, dried shallots, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Add chicken, cream cheese mixture, chicken stock, salsa, cumin, and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 2 hours.