Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Lava cake is a decadent individual dessert served warm to reveal a molten chocolate center. It may just be the best chocolate dessert you've ever had!
- 6½ (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:10 mCook:15 mReady:30 m
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour four 6-ounce ramekins.
- Place chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Combine eggs and sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until pale and thick, about 5 minutes. Mix in melted chocolate, flour, and cocoa powder until combined. Pour batter into the prepared ramekins and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sides are set but the middle is still jiggly, 10 to 13 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.