Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Chef John's Zabaglione
In this classic Italian dessert, sweet, juicy fruit is enveloped in a rich but impossibly light custard.
- ½ cup strawberries - hulled, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ cup dry Marsala wine
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:10 mCook:10 mReady:1 h 20 m
- Gently stir the strawberries and sugar together in a bowl. Cover and let sit at room temperature until juices release, about 1 hour.
- Divide fruit between 2 small, clear serving bowls or stemmed cocktail glasses.
- Place egg yolks, sugar, and marsala into metal mixing bowl. Set over burner on low heat. Hold rim of bowl with a potholder. Whisk until mixture forms loose peaks, 7 or 8 minutes. Mixture should feel warm to the touch.
- Spoon custard over the strawberries. Serve while custard is still warm.