Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Crispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Log
Peanut butter crisp rice cereal bars are rolled around a chocolate-butterscotch filling for a fun variation on the traditional treat.
- 1 (10 ounce) package large marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 5½ cups crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies®)
- 1⅓ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:15 mCook:5 mReady:1 h 20 m
- Line a 15x10x1-inch pan with waxed paper. Grease the waxed paper.
- Combine marshmallows, butter, and peanut butter together in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover bowl and heat mixture in the microwave until marshmallows are melted, about 2 minutes. Stir well.
- Stir rice cereal into marshmallow mixture until well coated; spread onto the prepared pan.
- Combine chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat mixture in microwave until melted, about 2 minutes. Stir well.
- Spread chocolate mixture over rice cereal mixture, leaving a 1-inch border around edges. Roll rice cereal mixture around chocolate filling, jelly-roll style and starting with the short side. Peel waxed paper away while rolling. Place roll, seam-side down, on a serving platter. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Cut into narrow slices.