Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Slow Cooker 3-Bean Chili
The best beans for chili are pinto, kidney, and black beans, like in this easy and tasty recipe. This 3-bean chili freezes great for meals later in the week. If you prefer thinner chili, add an extra can of tomato sauce. The green chiles are not hot and add a wonderful flavor, so don't be afraid to use them.
- 1 (20 ounce) package 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch ground cumin
Prep:10 mCook:4 h 10 mReady:4 h 20 m
- Cook and stir turkey in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crumbly and browned, 7 to 10 minutes; transfer to a slow cooker.
- Stir tomatoes, tomato sauce, pinto beans, kidney beans, black beans, onion, green chilies, chili powder, garlic, oregano, and cumin into the turkey in the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 7 hours or High for 4 hours.