Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Old Mama's Fashioned Chili
This spooky chili is great for Halloween dinner! Keep warm on the stove and the little ones can eat anytime during trick-or-treat activities.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix, or to taste
- 1 dash hot sauce, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prep:15 mCook:25 mReady:40 m
- Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until crumbly and browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Stir drained ground beef, black beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, green bell peppers, yellow onion, garlic, and chili seasoning together in a large pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly tender and chili is heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with hot sauce, salt, and ground black pepper to taste.