Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Fantastic Black Bean Chili
This black bean chili is a nice and easy way to feed a crowd. I never knew what I was missing until my mother-in-law made this - everyone begged her for the recipe! Freezes well and easily doubled for a larger crowd. Top with your favorite shredded cheese.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Prep:20 mCook:1 h 15 mReady:1 h 35 m
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, basil, and vinegar. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until flavors are well blended, about 1 hour.