Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Easy White Chicken Chili
This is the best white chicken chili recipe given to me by a good friend and co-worker. It has a wonderful flavor that I think anyone can appreciate, especially for a quick fix on a cold winter day! Serve with jasmine rice as a side or fresh French or Italian bread.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or to taste
- salt to taste
Prep:20 mCook:35 mReady:55 m
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook chicken, onion, and garlic in hot oil until the chicken is browned completely, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board, cut into 1-inch pieces, and return to the Dutch oven. Add chicken broth, cannellini beans, green chiles, oregano, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Divide cilantro among 4 bowls. Ladle chili over cilantro and top with cheese. Season with salt to serve.