Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Real Strawberry Frosting
This strawberry frosting uses 4 simple ingredients, including fresh strawberries, for a gorgeous-colored, naturally flavored icing with no gelatin.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup butter
- 3½ cups confectioners' sugar, sifted, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:20 mCook:20 mReady:40 m
- Place strawberries in a blender; purée until smooth.
- Transfer strawberry purée to a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring often, until reduced by at least half, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 cup confectioners' sugar until combined. Beat 2 tablespoons cooled strawberry purée and vanilla extract into butter mixture until just blended.
- Beat in 1 cup confectioners' sugar until combined, followed by 2 tablespoons strawberry purée. Repeat this step once more.
- Beat remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar into mixture until just blended.