Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Real Strawberry Frosting
This strawberry frosting uses 4 simple ingredients, including fresh strawberries, for a gorgeous-colored, naturally flavored icing with no gelatin.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup butter
- 3½ cups confectioners' sugar, sifted, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep:20 mCook:20 mReady:40 m
- Place strawberries in a blender; purée until smooth.
- Transfer strawberry purée to a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring often, until reduced by at least half, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 cup confectioners' sugar until combined. Beat 2 tablespoons cooled strawberry purée and vanilla extract into butter mixture until just blended.
- Beat in 1 cup confectioners' sugar until combined, followed by 2 tablespoons strawberry purée. Repeat this step once more.
- Beat remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar into mixture until just blended.