Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
DIY chocolate-covered strawberries are easy to make with just 3 ingredients for a beautiful Valentine's Day dessert, gorgeous food gift, or parties.
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:15 mCook:5 mReady:20 m
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a double boiler, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Insert toothpicks into tops (stem ends) of strawberries. Hold a strawberry by the toothpick and dip it into the chocolate mixture.
- Turn the strawberry upside down and insert the toothpick into a Styrofoam block or place strawberry on a sheet of waxed paper; allow chocolate coating to cool. Repeat with remaining strawberries.