Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
If you like spicy and hot you will love this. It will make you say 'yum yum'!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno chile peppers
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine the ground beef, onion and bell peppers. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until beef is browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add the chili powder, garlic, bay leaf, cumin, chile peppers, tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans and heat through.