Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Make quick chili with this easy bean chili recipe that can be as mild or spicy as desired. It's even better the next day.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prep:10 mCook:40 mReady:50 m
- Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot pot until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Add onion and garlic to beef and cook until onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes with chile peppers, kidney beans, pinto beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, sugar, hot pepper sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.