Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
Old-Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie
This coconut cream pie is made with a homemade coconut custard filling that's set in a pie shell and covered with whipped topping and toasted coconut.
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups half-and-half
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:15 mCook:15 mReady:4 h 30 m
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread coconut on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Combine half-and-half, sugar, flour, eggs, and salt in a medium pot. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 3/4 cup toasted coconut and vanilla; reserve remaining toasted coconut for garnishing the pie.
- Pour custard into pie shell and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and reserved toasted coconut.