Recipe provided by AllRecipes.com
This recipe makes a sensational stiff and glossy meringue shell that's baked on a pie plate. Top with whipped cream and berries - delicious!
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup white sugar
Save to Recipe BookPrintEmail
Note: An Instacart account is required to proceed to purchase online. If you do not have an Instacart account please click here to create. Once account has been created, you can return to this page to complete the checkout.
Prep:15 mCook:50 mReady:2 h 5 m
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until soft peaks form. Add vanilla; slowly beat in sugar until very stiff and glossy. Spread meringue mixture into a 9-inch pie plate to form a shell.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Turn the oven off; leave meringue in oven for 1 hour. Let cool.