As your neighborhood grocer we are committed to your health and well-being. We have spent the last several weeks learning about the coronavirus (Covid-19) and its impact. The news around COVID-19 warrants the attention of every one of us as we work as a collective unit to keep our communities, customers, associates, and vendors safe and healthy. While there are confirmed cases in the State of Indiana, we have no cases of COVID-19 in our stores. We are continuously monitoring the latest updates and taking guidance from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), along with the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), to ensure we are making the necessary adjustments to our work and operations.
Strack & Van Til always takes pride in providing clean stores with outstanding customer service. We wanted to share the steps we are taking to protect you.
Actions in our Stores:
- Focused sanitized cleanings with more frequency on key touchpoint areas, such as doors and handles, countertops, register belts, credit/debit terminals and breakrooms
- Hand sanitizer stations checked and filled throughout the store
- Sanitizing wipes currently available for shopping carts and baskets
- Restrooms checked, sanitized and restocked more often
Actions with our Customers:
- Posting CDC guidelines on preventative measures along with what you need to know throughout the store
- Suspended store samplings at this current time
- Currently have limits on products our customers want and need, to ensure you are taken care of when you shop
- Are continuing to work with our vendors to be in stock on all products within the store
- We are ready and able to serve you. We can do the shopping for you – shop online and schedule a delivery, a curbside pickup or “leave at my door delivery” by visiting our website at https://delivery.strackandvantil.com/store/strack-van-til/storefront
Actions with our Associates:
- Provided guidelines from the CDC to educate our associates on preventative measures on spreading germs
- Encouraging associates to stay home when sick, cough and sneeze etiquette, and further emphasize on hand hygiene
- Providing facial tissues and sanitizing materials within all departments
I want to thank you for your support and understanding during this evolving situation.
At the heart of our organization is our vision, “to make people’s lives easier.” And as such, we will continue to monitor the situation and do all we can to guard our most valuable assets, our customers, associates and vendors.
President and CEO